Monday, April 19, 2010

Where in the world...



So after my initial glitch last week, I am now full force at work. I am still trying to get used to the new atmosphere and the new “culture” at work but so far so good. The hardest thing right now is trying to get used to my new company.
My last job was based in a smaller company, with some regional offices and a larger multi-state presence.
With this job, I work in a massive company, with regional offices AROUND THE WORLD. Exciting, right? Of course! Until you realize that you need to make an appointment with someone in India, and that they are (wait, let me count…) 9 hours ahead… or the person in Denmark who I called on their cell phone as per his email, and ended up waking up because it was 10:30pm their time… or like today, when I was “chatting” with another person in New Zealand and I found out that they are 16 hours ahead… YEP, I haven’t finished my day and he was already starting TOMORROW.
I keep looking at my newly printed world time zones map (God knows I don’t need to wake up anyone in China – yes, we have offices there) and I marvel how such an image that can fit in my 8.5 X 11 inch paper, can think that it can contain the wonders of the world.
Now, if you excuse me, I have to go turn off my cell phone… That guy from Denmark might be vengeful...

No comments: