Thursday, April 8, 2010

Still here

I swear I am around…

This last week has found me in the biggest flurry of activity this side of the millennium. Last week was my last day of work at my old job and I headed down to my new location with Mini-me. We ran every errand possible in 2 days, including taking Skywalker to the orthodontist (no braces this year, but definitely next) a Chinese noodle lunch at this little hole in the wall restaurant (YUMMY) and time at the local swimming pool (Hey, not everything has to be a boring errand).

By Friday we were back on the road but this time it was all of us. Can’t say that we were together because we are still moving stuff down and we need two cars. Sunshine is the one who drives the mini-van, so we took his seats out and now we have a cargo van. That meant that the boys rode with me. Amazing how two children only have to deal with a two hour car ride, have books, electronic equipment and music and will still find time to 1) get bored, 2) annoy each other to the point of fighting and 3) make up in 2 minutes later because they are still bored. This cycle repeated itself at least 10 times. I just changed the music so it would only come through the front speakers and decided to ignore my children for the rest of the drive. As a matter of fact, somewhere in the first hour I told them that unless a) someone was bleeding or b) someone was in danger of bleeding, not to say the word: MOM. At least until we got back to the house.

Once we got there, we had a “camp-out”. Since Sunshine had taken all the furniture out the weekend before, we all slept in our old rooms, except that we did so in air mattresses and sleeping bags. Since I had a bathroom close-by and Sunshine made sure that my mattress was extra-comfy, I didn’t mind it that much.

The Easter weekend was a blur.

Sunday night, Sunshine unpacked the cars while I supervised. HA! Not too bad. He has been doing it for 5 weeks now, so it was easier and faster than me trying to figure out where to put anything. He just gave me a tour when he was done.

Then, I had a rude awakening. We had decided to avoid extra costs until we resolve our house situation. This included no TV/cable/dish or phone or internet. The TV part was not too bad, because we have Netflix for the occasional movie, video games for the boys and to be honest, we are not spending that much time at the house anyway. Then, it occurred to me that I do my banking and pay bills online. Crap. We had no choice but the get internet. I was hoping we could fly by without it, but no such luck. Sunshine was able to get everything installed on Monday – so that’s another reason why I haven’t been heard of or seen since then. 

Monday was my first day at my new job and it was so busy and overwhelming with all the information I had received and am still learning that I couldn’t talk when I got home. I tried to read, and I was too tired. I tried to watch a movie, and I was too tired. I tried to talk about my day, and I couldn’t make a coherent thought. I decided to go exercise at the local Y and cannot tell you what was playing on the treadmill’s TV… something about the news – I think they were in Spanish.
Work has been like that almost every day. Finally today, although I have not been able to learn as much as I have to, at least people have stopped dumping information on me, so I can at least digest what I do have. So… finally today, I get to see how you all have been doing, and I am so glad that whatever is left of my oozing brain is enjoying reading your blogs.


Much More Than Mommy said...

I'm tired just reading all of that!

evision said...

I have visited this site and got lots of information than other site visited before a month.

earn and learn